The proposed syllabus for the full range of resources for 3-11 year olds can be viewed here: Syllabus
- To teach that even as Christians we will keep making mistakes and fail to love God as we should.
- To teach that God faithfully saves those who repent of sin and helps them to live for him.
- To teach that God uses us to carry out his plans despite our weakness, pride and failures.
This series consists of four lessons, including an introduction to the cycle of rebellion in the book of Judges. Each lesson focuses on one judge as a case study, highlighting two key themes:
- Man's Failures – Both the judges whom God raised up to rescue Israel and the people themselves failed to trust and live for God (weeks 2, 3 and 4). Even those who did love God were weak and could not bring about lasting change or repentance (week 1).
- God's Faithfulness – Despite Israel's constant failures and rebellion against him, God remained faithful to his people. He sent foreign armies to oppress them in order to lead them to repentance (weeks 1, 2 and 4); he rescued them whenever they cried out to him (weeks 1 and 2); and he even saved them when they did not ask for help or give him the glory he deserved (weeks 3 and 4).
Lesson 1 - Ehud the Unlikely (Judges 2:6-3:6, 3:12-30)
Lesson 2 - Gideon the Small (Judges 6:1-7:25)
Lesson 3 - Gideon the Great (Judges 8:1-35)
Lesson 4 - Samson the Sinner (Judges 13:1-7; 14:1-9; 15:20-16:30)
You might also like...
Part 4 (10 lessons) of a 5 Part programme introducing 18 month to 3 year olds to God as Creator and Jesus as the Son of God.
Click image for details and FREE sample.
We're working hard to provide 'language packs' for every product. These packs contain everything a child will see in the lesson (or take home), in their mother tongue. The teacher's notes remain in English.